BIT.TRIP REMIX EXTRA - Triumph (RUNNER) BIT.TRIP REMIX EXTRA - Triumph (RUNNER)

I'm not a big chiptune fan but I love this! the samples, and synths all blend together really nicely and I look forward to the finished version cause the mix is already top notch, the bells and mallets don't in the way of drums which are super tight but not obnoxious. Perhaps there's a bit much repetition? in a game context (depending on the game's pace) I guess this is ok, but at the beginning I count 8 bars before anything really comes in, I reckon it sounds fine at just half that length, but it's your choice. My only real beef is that as much the beat changes a little throughout, it would be nice to hear different samples and not just different rhythms, the more chill section just after half-way in begs for a more lighter ride or hat or something, it's a difficult thing to do, I know, but I think it'd help bring out the change in mood.

ganon95 responds:

its somewhat repetitive because the original beat is based on short loops, which for this remix i wanted to keep a similar feel. This song actually has been completed its part of the BIT.TRIP RUNNER full remix, but this is an alternate version of that track.

[FGS] Nostalgia switch [FGS] Nostalgia switch

Such a chill atmosphere, the bells and melody all go together perfectly and transition well into the beat. All I'd recommend is making the growls heavier and maybe adding a bass synth/pulse underneath it to really deepen the mix.

Forbidden Dimension Forbidden Dimension

Nice job man, this is the kinda weird I like, that somewhat vocal-sounding sample that plays the main tune in the beginning and end goes well with the mallet(ish) synths and I'd honestly would've described it as being otherworldly even without the "alternate dimension" prompt. That change about half-way including the pads worked really well, but I think you could've added more layers, I was waiting for a echoey bell to soar over the arps or something. I'll admit that towards the end there's a bit much repetition for my taste, the last section could be half the length and I'd like it, also the heavy reverb in the section between the beat and intro is a bit obnoxious, maybe tone it down and lower it an octave to make it less noisy. Other than that I do appreciate you finishing as you started, helps add to the surreal factor.